IHTFP is an abbreviation for the phrase I Hate This Fucking Place and is most frequently associated with Hacks at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. It is often used to sign hacks and also appears each year on the MIT class ring. Professor Samuel Jay Keyser has said that it should not be taken literally but as an expression of rebellion against, and love for, MIT.
There are several backronyms used at MIT and other institutions:
- MIT "Interesting Hacks To Fascinate People"
- United States Air Force Academy (from 1960's, alternative: "I'm here to fly planes.")
- United States Naval Academy (1965, alternative: "I Hope There's Friday Parade")
- United States Military Academy (Alternative: "I Have Truly Found Paradise")
- United States Coast Guard Academy
- MIT (Alternative: "I Have Truly Found Paradise")
Then I check my inbox and low and behold a good friend hits me with a complimentary snapshot of another FAIL meter while she was out & about. Thanks Star always a pleasure to know you're stalking me I mean up to date on my posts! I'm off to Vegas this coming week to check out the Magic Trade Show. I'm hoping to catch some serious material to post up here so check back.